The Hilde Back Education Fund was founded to solve a social need of assisting bright needy children from poor families and disadvantaged communities access quality secondary school education which they may not have managed to access without our intervention.
As far as adopting a social enterprise business model, while the organization’s current approach, has not largely focused on the same, however some of our partners have engaged in different initiatives to raise funds to sponsor children.
- Screening of ‘a small act’ movie
- Running a marathon
- Sale of beaded bracelets
- Purple Cake Day activities by Children
- Purple cake day – Sale of T- shirts by HBEF
- Cookies and Lemonade Fundraiser – PFA Team
- Fundraising Dinner held in Nairobi Kenya on Ms Hilde Back’s 90thBirthday
- Other mini Fundraiser selling food and drink items
- Book Sales
It’s a hand up in that it’s a win win situation for both parties (the sponsor and the sponsored child). It also helps reinforce that small acts of kindness go a long way in making a difference.